Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Ubuntu Desktop
I attempted to boot from my Ubuntu-LiveCD this evening........and it worked! Imagine my excitement. When I first saw the black Ubuntu screen come up, I knew things were going to go my way. I had the system check my CD and it came back fine. I got excited again when I clicked on the "Try Ubuntu w/o any change to your computer" and the beautiful bird figure appeared. I didn't have too much time to play around with the apps but I clicked on a few games (didn't have time to read instructions) so I just worked a bit on the first command line instructions. I like pressing the wheel on the mouse for pasting. That is cool. I had to wait until now to work on this--several very, heavy, branches on my peach tree broke off so hubby and I had to cut them off and remove the peaches from the branches. Anyone for peach cobbler?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment