Sunday, June 1, 2008

From Ubuntu Forums

After looking at the "Absolute Beginner Talk" forum, I followed the thread, re: How many of you completely switched to Linux? My thinking was that we are so ingrained in using Windows that I wanted to know how other users made the break. Here are some of their thoughts that I considered:

1) Kept both systems on computer, but Linux is used almost exclusively. Uses Windows for gaming problems.
2) Just make the break when you decide to go windowless. You can find a way to do the same things.
3) Several more threads mentioned the gaming aspect---that Linux isn't up to snuff on gaming.
4) Many haven't used Windows for years. No worries about viruses.
5) Some keep Windows for printing.

My conclusion? Sounds as if you are into gaming, then Windows is still best. The latest games are created for the most popular OS--Windows. But I would like to see what Linux can do. Lots of people have switched completely to various versions of Linux. There has to be a good reason why.



No comments: