Assignment 1 - Learn some XML, is where I began on the learning road to XML. DTDs and parsing were in the back of my mind since I've worked with SGML a bit, but it's been a long time. The tutorials at w3schools.com were helpful. But I didn't particularly like the Mark Long video. Text was so tiny it was difficult to concentrate on what was being said and at the same time, try to make out what the text was on the screen. I have to go back and take a look at the sections on DTD and XML schemas. I took a look at the xml.com website. Generally, I like to look at physical books on subjects so I looked at XML in 24 hours by M. Morrison and Step by Step XML by M. Young. They're both fairly similar but both were somewhat helpful in providing me with setting up an XML structure or should I say, skeleton. I basically understand that the "skeleton" has required rules because of its exacting nature but I have yet to fully understand the how and why of it's set up.
I'm happy to say that my demo appears to be ready to go. I can't say for sure what my previous problems with the system were but my whole box, hard drive and all, got swapped out. I guess that's a hint right there. After that, things seemed to go well if I entered the correct commands. I'm going to see if I can do some work on my VM soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment