Thursday, July 17, 2008

Week 9

Thanks Bruce, for a little bit of a breather this week. Although, I wouldn't call tons of reading and two glossaries the size of complete books that much of a breather. I went back and worked on getting an IP address for my VM. And it appears to have worked through with much more ease than I thought it would. I had to load Webmin on too. I ran the two tests on my primary computer, using the new IP address I had assigned to it to test installation. Detecting Apache went fine. But testing Webmin was a bit strange. Instructions do say that a certificate warning will come up. I did get a screen that contained several messages on it. One was to click on an area that said if you trusted the site you could go ahead and click but their suggestion was not to. So I clicked on it and the web address (IP address) at the top of the screen turned a sort of pinkish color and Webmin came up. I'm glad I didn't have any serious problems with this. I spent a little time on the internet in the VM trying to figure out how to adjust the screen.

No comments: