Friday, October 24, 2008
Unit 7-Assignment 9
I found that when using ePrints, cataloguing went along fairly easily until I couldn’t find a subject listing for what I wanted. I may be too inexperienced to know how to obtain certain headings that I wanted to use such as Journalism and listings that had to do with Writing, but I could not find anything like this in ePrints so I used substitutes even though these were inaccurate. This was a big problem for me since this caused my use of terms to be inconsistent but I didn’t know what else to do. In Drupal, I used terms for categories that I thought were broad and general. The confusing thing was that in using taxonomies, setting up vocabularies and categories are listed in separate sections under the Administer module. When I thought that I had it figured out, the result was not anything like I had planned. I need a lot more practice developing collections with both Drupal and ePrints to really understand how they work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment