Unit 5. Okay. I just discovered earlier today that I was supposed to have blogged about Drupal in a prior unit. Gee....It would have been a really good blog too because I really like blogging about my classes. Here goes.
At this point in my career with Drupal, I can't say I really enjoyed it that much. I understand the use of categories but using the taxonomy and terms wasn't all that clear to me. I watched some videos on YouTube too about the use of categories and followed them fairly easily. But when I got to actually creating terms, etc., it got a bit confusing.
I tried to install the FCKeditor module. It's a visual html editor which sounded pretty neat and I'm sure it's probably pretty easy to install but not in my case. There were two parts that needed to be downloaded. I got one downloaded and I was even able to upload it with WinSCP. But I don't know what happened to the second part. It was most likely right in front of my face but I just didn't see it. So, the module is still in pieces scattered around my desktop. One half of it is in WinSCP waiting for me to get it completed. I guess it'll have to just wait until I can get back to it like alot of my other pieces of coursework that I've said I would get back to someday. It's funny how much this sounds like what I used to say about books. That someday I'll have to get around to reading this book and that book.
Anyway, I think Drupal has a great deal of power behind it. I just need to learn how to harness it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment