Monday, August 4, 2008
Concepts and SQL
Right off the bat, I have to say that the 'joins' were conceptually difficult for me. I need to study the statements and then see the results to get them into my head. I didn't get through all of Mostafa's tutorials. I'm sure going through those several times will do me good. I need to get used to syntax. It's so frustrating when a period or a space or a comma or a semi-colon is missing or in the wrong place. Correct spelling is another bugaboo. The precision of entering statements is getting the best of me. For the most part, using MySql and phpMyAdmin and Webmin was pretty straightforward. The commands get in the way. Using phpMyAdmin took a bit of getting used to. Information and tables on screen weren't all that clear to me so I had to stare at it for a while. Clicking on buttons and things sometimes confused me but I was able to maneuver my way out of it. After working with it awhile it started to fall into place. Overall, this was a pretty good unit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment